I went to Boston over the weekend. I didn’t Snapchat or take a single picture while I was there. It was my third time visiting the city, so I didn’t do any touristy things and I won’t be making a guide to Boston. I went to visit a friend of mine and it was the kind of trip where two people are bonding with one another, with no need for rushing from one activity to the next. It was blissful.
The following post is a bit allovertheplace. It’s a scattering of the helpful things I’ve been doing, the media I’ve been consuming, and some decisions I’ve come to on my creative journey over the past year or so. It’s half-organized into the trip I took over the weekend. The metaphors are there and intentional. Maybe you’ll catch them all. Maybe not. Bear with me. I’m working on a New Year’s Resolution, after all. Continue reading
Tie Dye Double Hammock with Carabiners | Aluminum Travel Tripod in PINK | Gourmet Loose Leaf Tea Blends | Penguin Drop Caps Series | Silicone Tea Infusers | Hand Lettered Mugs
a little bit of… is my new list series: a quick snapshot of curated must-haves, can’t-stands, and don’t-want-to-live with-outs.
- Though I already own an ENO Hammock that works like a charm, the one I have featured by Grand Trunk is SO PRETTY. And, it’s got room for two, so I might need to pass the old one down to the boy so I can hammock snuggle in the wilderness with the man.
- I’m really needing a tripod now that I’m learning more about photography. thewirecutter.com, the site M goes to get educated before making any big purchase, said that this model is the best travel tripod for most. It comes in a variety of colors, but I’m torn between the pink and the gold one.
- I met Lisa, the founder of Chambre de Sucre, at Monarch Workshop. She’s a real joy to be around, and I soon found that her tea is stellar! After checking her website out, I learned that she offers a variety of products, including sugars that look like confetti and some that look like itsy bitsy petit fours. I go gaga over tiny things! I’m expecting some more of her products in the mail shortly, so stay tuned for another post on those!
- I know they say not to judge a book by its cover, but Penguin grabbed up some of the best books of all time, partnered with famous letterer Jessica Hische, and made the best looking series of books, ever. The whole set is quite pricey, so I started with The Secret Life of Bees and it quickly became one of my favorite fiction books.
- Now that I’m drinking more loose leaf tea, I have to use a kitschy tea infuser. I bought Mister Tea, though I had no idea that there was a Missus that could come with! Now I’ll have to head over before I can have loose leaf tea for two.
- I’m absolutely loving the Dream Warrior mug we received in our swag bag from Monarch Workshop, from Etsy seller GlitterandBold. Also, her Creative Juices mug. ADMIT IT, for the creative juices to get flowing, you sometimes have to have a little something in your cup (coffee, tea, wine–no one’s judging!)
What are you loving right now?